Zerk Zone

Pages for the Creations of Ryan Armstrong

GSPlayer/Mort Player Mod Plugin 1.0

Posted on December 3rd, 2005 @ 5:03 pm by Zerker

Version 1.01 of the Mod Plugin has been released with support for Nitrogen.

A Mod Plugin for GS Player or Mort Player. This has been developed with the help of the BASSMod sound library by un4seen developments. If you’ve never heard of Mod Files, just head over to The Mod Archive, where you can download plenty of awesome mod files.

Requirements

Installation Instructions for GS Player

1. Unzip the attached zip file to a directory of your choice
  2. Using the Active Sync “Explore Device” function, or the “Mobile Device” entry on My Computer, locate your GSPlayer directory on the PocketPC
  3. Copy bassmod.dll and ModPlugin.dll to your GSPlayer directory
  4. Start (or re-start) GSPlayer

Installation Instructions for Mort Player

1. Unzip the attached zip file to a directory of your choice
  2. Using the Active Sync “Explore Device” function, or the “Mobile Device” entry on My Computer, locate your Mort Player directory on the PocketPC
  3. Copy bassmod.dll to your Mort Player directory and ModPlugin.dll to the Mort player “plugins” sub-directory.
  4. Start (or re-start) Mort Player

Other Comments

Once the plugin is installed, you can change settings from Tools -> Options, scrolling over to the Plug-ins tab, then selecting BASS Mod plug-in and pressing “Configure…” (Mort player options are in Menu -> Settings under System -> Playback -> Plug-Ins). The top options will only take effect after restarting GSPlayer (using File Exit or Memory -> Running Programs -> Stop), while the bottom options will take effect after switching tracks (as indicated by the text for each).

Source Code Comments

The plugin is actually very simple, it just calls over to the BASSMod sound library to do all the REAL work. Even still, it’s probably a good reference for developing other GSPlayer plugins, among other things.

Plugin Download (41 KB)
Source Code (3.17 MB)

Comments (12)

Filed under: Programs/Libraries,Windows Mobile |

12 Comments »

1. Hi,
    I found your blog via google by accident and have to admit that youve a really interesting blog :-)
    Just saved your feed in my reader, have a nice day :)

Comment by Florian — January 29, 2007 @ 11:30 am

2. While I was able to find a few mod players for the Pocket PC (JT Mod Player, MilkyPlay, etc), most of them fell short (unable to play IT files, for example). Thanks for making this, it’s some really good stuff. :D

Comment by Unladen Swallow — February 26, 2007 @ 11:56 pm

3. Hi,
    How can I make this playable:

It’s ok with other Players (ModPlayCE or on the Desktop ModPlug Player).
    Thanks for good work!
    Addy

Comment by Addy — March 13, 2007 @ 3:33 pm

4. Addy, that file has the wrong extension, it’s actually a Screamtracker file (STM). Unfortunately, since I didn’t actually write the playback libraries, and I’m just using BassMod, Screadmtracker files aren’t supported. My suggestion is to look for a converter to convert that to S3M, XM or IT, which should play fine.

Comment by Zerker — March 15, 2007 @ 4:51 pm

5. Zerker, thanks, the solution for converting is Unit Player.
    “Unit Player replays more than 52 different sound / video formats …. One more feature is to convert corrupted modules in different tracker formats….”
    Addy 8-)

Comment by Addy — March 16, 2007 @ 8:42 am

6. Can you include functionality to read mod files out of zip files? I’ve got a huge pile of mods in individual zips. But unzipping them all so I can play them is ridiculous. Do you think you can add that in next update?

Comment by Captain Maim — October 1, 2007 @ 8:50 pm

7. hello, I come from china,accidently,find your web and download this plugin.I really don’t kown how to show my gratefulness to you~So much thanks!
    But I really want you to continue cooking this plugin because mod music includes much stytles.Some of them may have 24 bit sampling or more.But your plugin is limited.

Make it perfect for mod music,Please!

Comment by xiaotian2823 — October 6, 2008 @ 11:14 am

8. Unfortunately, the way I implemented things, I’m more or less dependent on the features of BassMod. Right now, it does not support any new formats, but when it does it’s easy enough to change.

As for zip features, I don’t want to investigate integrating zip libraries at this time. The source code is available (and really simple), if you want to try it yourself.

Comment by Zerker — October 11, 2008 @ 11:48 am

9. Thanks!,

Comment by Gkywbsim — December 13, 2008 @ 10:32 am

10. That’s a pity,,, they say new, great player called Nitrogen can use GSPlayer’s plugins… But your plugin didn’t… Maybe later ;)

Comment by ClockworkBastard — November 19, 2009 @ 4:42 pm

11. Hmm, yeah, it looks like it tries to do some funny initilization/freeing right at the start of the program, which BassMod doesn’t like. I’ll see if I can put together a work-around. Otherwise, I’ll submit a bug report to Nitrogen. When I get it working, I’ll post the new version.

Comment by Zerker — November 28, 2009 @ 9:23 am

12. […] the original posting for comments on the source code, […]

Pingback by Zerk Zone » GSPlayer/Mort Player/Nitrogen Mod Plugin 1.01 — November 28, 2009 @ 12:49 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL